Visitors

Thursday, June 23, 2011

I'm Still Here!




I didn't want another week to pass without posting something!!!








My self-imposed (and accepted by the publisher) deadline for submitting Sensations is a week from today - suffice it to say I'm not filled with confidence! If I didn't have a full-time day job, family, house, animals, need to sleep.........you all know exactly what I'm talking about!!!!






I'm thrilled to announce that I have another grand baby on the way!! My daughter-in-law is about eight weeks along and 'enjoying' morning sickness while keeping up with a 2 1/2 year old! I so wish they didn't live clear across the country from us!






My daughter is doing everything humanly possible to find her post college graduation career job while working two part-time jobs. She's had a number of interviews, and has been turned down both because she's "over-qualified" and because she "doesn't have enough experience"! My heart breaks for her with each rejection.






I hope to post next week, but if not, I wish everyone a very happy 4th of July holiday!!!






Tessie








5 comments:

  1. Congrats for the new baby. This economy is horrible for finding a job. I'll keep your daughter in my thoughts.
    Good luck with the deadline. I did the same thing yesterday. I needed to push myself to move it on the book I'm writing.
    Hugs,
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new baby! I'm sure that if you didn't have all of those "pesky" distractions, you would be a writing machine. I might have to do some self-imposed deadlines. Book number two is not going to finish itself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tessie - congrats on the good and hang in there for the tough. I'm with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah is so talented it will get better. This is the roughest it's ever been and you can't take it personally. My greatest hope is that these young, smart people find a way to make made in America and American style strong again. We sold the store and now we need to take it back!
    XXOO Kat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Amber, Marie, Julia & Kat!

    This is such a tough time for people who have been working their whole lives, let alone, young adults trying to start their careers. We just try to keep Sarah's spirits up.

    I know you all completely understand the difficulties I'm experiencing finishing my ms and your support truly helps me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.