Visitors

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Apparently I'm an "Addict" and you might be too!


I’m serving hash this week. I have no news worth reporting on my WIPs other than they are stilling whipping me and I’m valiantly WIP-ing back.

I did sneak off with my husband to see Hangover 2 and laughed my head off. I was so in the mood for stupid and the movie really delivered the dumb bomb I so badly needed.

Added bonus Bradley Cooper is hot! Jeepers, creepers where did Bradley get those eyes? As if the eyes and the smart charm weren’t enough, apparently he speaks fluent French… sigh. That’s nice, I like that. I don't know about you but that Youtube video of Bradley Cooper on French television makes me want to buy a Rosetta Stone language course, bad!

Now I can’t wait to finally see “Bridesmaids”, everyone I know already saw it and loved it. Actually there are a lot of interesting movies this year, unlike other years when there was little I cared to see. I expect to be at the movies again soon taking a bunch of little boys to see the Green Lantern. (Psst it’s not completely selfless, Ryan Reynolds stars…)

I did get a nice surprise earlier this week. Lupa at You Gotta Read Reviews gave “Owned By Rome” a great review. Thank you Lupa!

The Ladies at Ellora’s Cave Redlines and Deadlines Blog brought this item to my attention: Kimberly Sayer-Giles warning against romance addiction


Also if you frequently read, write or just enjoy the occasion romance novel you must be warned: Beneath that steamy book cover hides a thrilling gateway drug to hell! According to Salt Lake City based Life-coach Kimberly Sayer-Giles romance can be addictive and ruin lives. At least that’s what she says in her hardboiled article about the perils of romance addiction. Her main caveat with reading romance novels was they caused “physical sensations so pleasurable the reader would want to repeat the experience.” (Duh!) She reasons you could be left panting for what you cannot have and harbor unrealistic expectations about love, which is true if you think you are going to marry a billionaire Vampire Navy SEAL. So the next time you’re jonesing for a hunky, steamy does of Alpha male please take Ms. Sayer-Giles advice and take up a wholesome hobby instead of reaching for an addictive novel.

(This is the actual link. You must read this nonsense for yourself)

I left a comment on the Redlines and Deadlines blog regarding Ms. Sayer-Giles…(Its mean but I’m a pervert who reads and writes romance.)

Well that’s my hash!
XXOO Kat 

11 comments:

  1. You really must treat yourselves and read Kimberly Sayer-Giles article.
    XXOO Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to go and read this article now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I left a comment last week too. I'm one of those perverts who reads and writes the stuff that will ruin my marriage. HA!

    I love Bradley Cooper. I can't wait to see Hangover 2. He's so delish!

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rose, let us know what you think of Ms. Kimberly's views. I'm not convinced she's the right Life-coach for me... lol
    Amber, you're too far gone to be life-coached out of your "hot spanks romance addiction!" As a multi-published author you're one of the kingpin "suppliers" they should be going after, I'm sorry girl. There's no hope for you! lol
    XXOO Kat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well thank you Ms. Giles - now I finally understand why I'm "dangerously unbalanced"!!

    Congrats on the great review, Kat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL Thanks Kat!

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Tessie! Its completely true we are dangerously unbalanced by our romance addiction! Lets go roaming together for our next lurid hit of spicy Alpha male!
    XXOO Kat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the review! As for Ms. Kimberly's article, I haven't read it yet but it sounds like I'm in good company here. I love my Alpha males:)and the sexy romance novels they star in!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm quite happy to feed this HEA addiction! Having lived in Utah twice, for a total of maybe 5-6 years, the article comes as no surprise.
    Keep on pluggin' Kat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Paris this is serious stuff. Apparently we're all ready to turn our backs on our families and friends and throw ourselves whole heartedly into alien werewolf menage. Good-bye responsible middle-age values hello-hellion! lol
    XXOO Kat

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia! You're a "pusher" too with your sensuous writing style you lure women away from their every day cares and you seduce them with deliciously vivid depictions not only with acts of the flesh but beautifully prepared food! How dare you tempt us! Be gone sinner! lol
    XXOO Kat

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.