Visitors

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Another Self-Publishing Blog



I’m watching all my friends self-publish their books and having so much success. I’m jealous. I won’t deny it. I’m also lazy. I could be one of them. I’m just too lazy to put in all the effort – right now. I have plans, though. I have a goal for the end of the year. I don’t like to set goals because the procrastinator in me always sabotages those goals.
At the end of this year I’ll be getting the rights back to one of my favorite books. I know this book will good if I self-pub it. That’s my plan when I get it back. I’ll give it a once over, see if it needs any editing or if I should add to it. I’ll find a cover artist and I WILL self-pub it.
There’s also one other book that I plan to work on to self-publish. I’m not going to overwhelm myself. I have two wips that are close to done. Once they’re done and off to my editors I’ll work on the full-length. The book is technically written, but needs a LOT of editing. I have a lot of research to do too.
So I don’t have plans for a bunch of books published the second half of this year, but it’s not about the quantity. I want to produce something special to ME. :o)
How about you? Any plans for self-publishing in the future? Do you have the desire to at least try it once?






PS...This is my new cover for my next release from Ellora's Cave coming this Friday, June 10th.

6 comments:

  1. Amber, I wish you the best with all your plans.
    Best wishes for big sales with Chasing Forever!
    XXOO Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kat! I'd like to see big sales. :)

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amber, I don't think you're lazy, I think you're busy!
    You know I'm jumping into the self-pubbing world, but I'm taking my time. I want to get it right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are an incredibly busy woman! I think that you can make some good money with self-publishing. You have the talent and the fan base. All good! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Julia and Marie Rose. I'd like to do this before the year is out.

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  6. BIG congrats on the upcoming release of Chasing Forever, Amber!!

    You are the polar opposite of 'lazy'!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.