Visitors

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Spontaneous Combustion - writing that first encounter!


News!

Daughters of Persephone, Book Three Reborn, Book Four, Red Demon, was released by Resplendence on the 8th. This is a great cover and you get a two-fer - two fun books in one volume....and you can win a copy from me.

Check out my site: http://juliarachelbarrett.net and find out how to participate in my contest - I'm offering two copies of each of my books!

I'm blogging over at Bookwenches about that dynamic, scorching first encounter. http://www.bookwenches.com/guestblog.htm
I'd love to have you drop by and leave me a comment.
To everyone - have a great weekend! Julia

5 comments:

  1. Julia, this double-book looks great! I'm really looking forward to reading it.
    I'll tell you, I find writing that first encounter can be a nail biter! I get so picky about the details. A first encounter absolutely has to work, it's as crucial as chemistry in real life. I almost have to shut myself off to write those first encounters and let the story tell itself.
    Does this stuff ever get easier? lol
    XXOO Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new release. I know I can't wait to read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kat - I so agree! A bad first encounter bodes ill for the rest of the book!

    Thanks, Amber!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.