Visitors

Thursday, September 23, 2010

I Love a Good Book


My Wednesdays are medically ordered days of “rest”. For the last I can’t remember how long, they have been spent having treatments, tests or regular doctor’s appointments. Yesterday, I had nothing scheduled and was giddy with the prospect of sleeping in and lounging around like the Queen of Sheba.
This translated into getting up at regular work time, doing a huge grocery shopping, cleaning the fish tank, schlepping the laundry and paying bills. I finally decided ‘screw this’, crawled into bed and picked up the book on the top of my towering ‘to be read’ pile. They are in no particular order.

I bought Laced with Desire because it is four shorter stories and I’m a big fan of both Jaci Burton and Joey W. Hill. After re-acquainting myself with the blurbs on the back, I started with Hill’s Honor Bound. My intent was to lose myself in a well written erotic romance that I didn’t have to invest a lot of time into. I actually planned to read for just a bit before drifting off to nap goodness. What happened was me bawling like a baby as I was blown away by a story so emotionally intense and subtly layered that I can’t get it out of my head.


I’m not a reviewer, I’m just a huge fan of what we all do!
Tessie

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I'm going to have to get me a copy. You've piqued my interest. :) Glad you had a day to be Queen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great read and a little emotional release sounds like the best kind of rest.
    XXOO Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's like Christmas morning to me when I discover a gem of a story!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.