Visitors

Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Early Bird...


remembers to post!

My Everything, my romance suspense with Cobblestone, is showing up in a few new places. Reader and reviewer response to this book interests me. This book was so easy to write...it sort of wrote itself - yet it resonates with readers.

The theme of lovers parted, suffering tragic losses, and then reunited seems to be universally appealing. It certainly appeals to me. This is the second book I've written about two soul mates who met at the wrong time but are given the once in a lifetime opportunity to be together again. The first, Anytime Darlin', will be re-released with Siren in August.

I suppose one reason I gravitate to this theme is that my husband and I share it. We were together as young teens. We parted under tragic circumstances, suffered...well, I suffered, he dated models...but then reunited in the most romantic of ways.
Here's my dedication to him in my book, Beauty and the Feast:

"I believe in love at first sight. I’m convinced each of us does indeed have a soul mate. We may not always be so lucky as to find them in our lifetime, but that doesn’t negate my belief in them. My husband and I knew each other for fourteen years before we married. During those fourteen years, we spent perhaps a total of five weeks in each others company. There were two extended periods of time, one period that lasted for three years and another for six years, during which we had no contact whatsoever. Yet, when I received a phone call at 2 a.m. and the man I loved but hadn’t seen or heard from in six years asked if he could come see me, I answered yes without hesitation.
"Eight hundred miles later, he emerged from his vehicle, took me in his arms and carried me off to bed. That same day, he asked me to marry him. It’s been twenty-six years and we’ve never looked back. Still in love, still soul mates."

If you want to pick up a copy of My Everything, it's available at Cobblestone Press and on Fictionwise.

http://www.cobblestone-press.com/catalog/books/myeverything.htm

http://www.fictionwise.com/ebooks/b110090/My-Everything/Julia-Barrett/?si=0

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on this pending re-release. Love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your true story...love at first sight with your true soulmate is definitely the way to go!
    Having that second chance at love is heartwarming!
    Marianne/April

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, a second chance at love is heartwarming, and it makes for a great story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Julia on all your upcoming releases.
    Your love story is so wonderful!!
    XXOO Kat

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.