Visitors

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Brain is Fried!

I don't have much to say today. Life is crazy and I'm trying to catch up from being away all weekend. I managed to finish my Cougar Challenge book. I'm halfway done with edits so it will be in my editors hands soon.


I hit the 10k mark for Stranded the book for the new publisher. Only 15k to go! LOL


Here's an excerpt from a book from my backlist. Talk Dirty to Topaz is available from Aspen Mountain Press


Enjoy!


“Get a life!” Teagan slammed the phone down on the desk.

I want to tie you up and tease your pussy.

Maybe she was the one who needed a life. A sex life to be exact.

That was the third call this morning. Sexual frustration grew with each passing minute. She had a business to run and someone thought her business number was some sort of sex hotline. The recent surge of prank calls was taking a toll on her mentally and physically. The caller knew her deep dark desires. How could he? She hadn’t shared them with many people. She had to know this person. He knew too many details of her fantasies—like he was reading her mind.

Teagan needed sex, so the thought of being tied up and teased was very appealing in many ways. Her last real sexual encounter and not one from a rubbery, vibrating friend was nine months ago, when she’d ended her four-year relationship with Tim.

Teagan had given herself to Tim completely and the loser had cheated on her, shattering her heart into a million tiny pieces.

The phone rang again. “Designs by Topaz, Teagan speaking.” She held her breath, ready for the onslaught of profanities.

“Ms. Topaz?”

“Speaking.”

“I’m looking to…”

Oh fuck, not again. That voice sounded familiar, like the caller.

“This is a business line, buddy. I’m not interested in your offer for sexual pleasure.”

“Excuse me?”

“You heard me, I’m not interested.”

“I think there’s been some kind of misunderstanding. Are you Ms. Topaz, the interior designer?”

“I am.” She swallowed. She knew she’d screwed up.

Shit, she couldn’t keep doing this. She couldn’t keep expecting every call to be some guy talking dirty to her. The risk of losing true paying customers was too high. She could change her phone number, but that meant placing new ads and getting new business cards. The thought of all the potential customers not being able to reach her if she did change the number made her think twice. One thing she was certain of—when she figured out who was behind the prank phone calls (and she would find out) she’d…

Fuck them senseless. Yup getting laid was becoming a necessity for her sanity.

“I’m calling about your services.”

“Please forgive me. I’m so sorry, sir. It’s just that I’ve been getting these phone calls and…well, that’s irrelevant. How can I help you?” She wanted to die of embarrassment. She felt like an idiot. Her paranoia had reached an all time high. This had to end. She had to find out who was behind these calls – immediately.

“I’m looking to have an empty bedroom turned into a nursery. A mutual friend recommended you.”

“That was very nice of this friend, Mr…?”

“Black. Frank Black.”

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for talking dirty to me! It felt good, I really needed it! lol
    I love to see our so-called backlist books showcased. These are great books and they all deserve a second look.
    XXOO Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this one, Amber! A great read! And one of YOUR back list books...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our backlist books do get lost in the onslaught on readers looking for NEW books...they sometimes don't realize they've missed some of our previous works!
    Marianne/April

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on finishing your Cougar Challenge book and on your progress with Stranded!
    And thanks for the excerpt - I feel a re-read coming on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll talk dirty to you any time Kat! :)

    Fran, your idea was great - thanks honey.

    April, it is too easy for our backlists to get lost. We put so much into new releases and move on to the next.

    Thanks Tessie! Hope you enjoy the re-read ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Cerise. I feel like I've been working on it forever! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.