Visitors

Friday, April 30, 2010

Puttin' on yer weinie shoes!


The male animal and his shoe size!


My husband has this pair of shoes that give him the illusion of small feet. They were super expensive shoes and it's just plain weird how these shoes manage to shrink his feet from a size 11 and 1/2 down to an 8 or something.

I was in bed the other morning and he walked over to my side and asked, "Do these shoes make my feet look small?"

I looked down, blinked a couple times, looked again, blinked a couple more times and then said, "Yeah, but...I don't get it. How can a pair of shoes shrink your feet?"

"I don't know," he replied, "but I can't wear them. You know what they say about men with small feet. I don't want anyone thinking..."

"What?" I teased.

"You know...."

I laughed. "Honey," I said, "You don't need to worry."

"Yeah, but nobody else knows that!"

Now you know what goes on in our house. I recently spent the weekend with my husband, his two brother and all his many male cousins - I kid you not, I gave birth to the only two girls in that family - and all they talked about was hand size, foot size...is it width or length? Is it the distance between your extended thumb and the end of your pinkie? Men...

"I have long fingers," somebody said.

"But I have a wide palm," said another person.

"I have big feet."

"Yeah, but my toes are longer than yours."

All weekend.

On another note - sorry about the late post!

7 comments:

  1. LOL They must give you lots of writing material.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that must've made for one heck of an interesting weekend...too funny for words.

    hugs,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Women have more interesting conversations!
    Hope you took lots of notes for story scenes!
    Marianne/April

    ReplyDelete
  4. Men do tend to be rather single minded. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, Julia! Does this mean...urgh...that I have....a long weiner? 'Cuz my shoes...are humongous!!! Sob...sigh...whine...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Fran, that's exactly what it means. What else??? LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.