Visitors

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

"Beautiful Stranger" is available today

Beautiful Stranger

It’s been too long since my last book “Adult Education” was released and I’m delighted to finally have a new book to offer.

“Beautiful Stranger” is set in New Orleans and bayou La Fourche. This story was fun to write and very close to my heart because my husband grew-up in New Orleans and we still have lots of friends and family there. Our friends have a “Shack out back” that’s very close to the Cajun fishing cottage described in the story… That screened-in, semi-outdoor shower where my character’s Lily and David spend so much time is a real thing and it’s lovely to stand in during miserably hot nights. I can assure you the big iron bed with the mosquito net and the ghosts that drift through the bayou are real as well.

While I was putting the finishing touches on the first draft of “Beautiful Stranger” the Saints won the Super Bowl and as my character Lily’s confidence grew and her heart healed, the city of New Orleans seemed to experience a similar healing. The joyful emotion in our home during that time is difficult to describe.

“Beautiful Stranger” is part of Ellora’s Cave Sophisticate Line and that aspect is also close to my heart. I’m the child of an older woman-younger man marriage. My mother was a very beautiful, glamorous woman ahead of her time. She fearlessly entered into a love relationship with a man eleven years her junior who was mixed- race and from another culture entirely. She did it when it simply was not the thing to do and she had zero support for doing it but I’m so glad she did… Thank god for shamelessly defiant women! R.I.P. —M.

I’ll end by saying “Beautiful Stranger” is really about letting go of fear and truly enjoying the unexpected surprises life can offer.

XXOO Kat

“Beautiful Stranger” Katalina Leon Ellora’s Cave Sophisticate Line. Available now!

8 comments:

  1. Good morning, Kat and Happy, Happy Release Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tessie! I'm so delighted to finally finish a few WIPs!!! lol
    XXOO Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Day! Wishing you many sales. The book sounds beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely blog Kat. Here's to all the mother's who instil a sense of independence. It's my mother's birthday today. She shared her birthday with the Queen of England so of course the birthday toast used to be to OUR queen. I still raise a glass to her on the 21st. Today I'll include a Beautiful Stranger. The very best of luck with it Kat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pamela I love that toast-To Our Queen! Hail to brave and loving women everywhere!
    XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY! Happy Release Day Kat!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I raise my glass, too? My mom was SO before her time, an incredibly strong and resiliant woman who lead by example, and my best friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Release Day! And, nice tribute to your mother!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.