Visitors

Monday, October 19, 2009

RomantiCon Tales & Photos

Ellora's Cave RomantiCon 2009!
Link to more photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/76461621@N00/


I had a wonderful time. Very casual and cozy...around 180 people. Got to visit "The Cave" and took a tour...even got to see the EC python.
Here are photos of me and the EC cavemen (2 photos), my April Ash sign, and the CAVEMEN!





Met Joysann from Publisher's Weekly. I'm in a
picture posted on PW's Barbara Vey's "Beyond Her Book" at:

http://www.publishersweekly.com/blog/880000288 /post/590049659.html

The workshops were great and I enjoyed the booksigning. I sold "Strip Poker for Two" by April Ash and "Second Sight Dating" by Marianne Stephens books. I did a workshop with two other women on contests and promotion.

My editor came from Australia for RomantiCon. Met her on Thursday soon after we arrived. That night was an early arrivals party. Friday night was our 60's party and Saturday night, our banquet and awards dinner.

My editor hosted a "Vegemite and Tim Tams" luncheon (stuff from Australia) for her authors. Vegemite is NOT something I'd taste again (very salty, like soy sauce spread on bread). Tim Tams are chocolate cookie/candy and absolutely wonderful! We had 7 or 8 varieties to taste, so lunch was sinfully delicious, full of calories, and drenched in chocolate (since most of us didn't take more than one bite of our vegemite sandwiches).

On Sunday night, we played Bingo and I was one of the winners. Funny story:
I was handed a tote bag like the ones we were given for the weekend. I looked inside, and saw a lipstick. Then, some wrapped minipads. I figured it was a joke prize. Saw a wallet and opened it...found money inside. Then, I saw a camera.

I had been given someone's personal tote bag! I took it back to the head EC table and yep...I had been handed the wrong "gift"! The real gift bag had books, etc., in it!

Plan to go next year and join the fun!

April/Marianne
www.mariannestephens.net
www.aprilash.net
"Sexy Games" by April Ash is available at:
http://www.ellorascave.com/p-7393-sexy-games.aspx
5 HEARTS, Diana Coyle, Night Owl Romance, REVIEWER TOP PICK

6 comments:

  1. One way or another I'm going next year!!!! It looks like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Romanticon sounds like fun! Helen's references to Vegemite prompted my husband to order a case of it. He loves it. We got hooked on Vegemite years ago, that salty stuff makes sense during long sweaty backpack hikes through hot countries. When we travel on foot Vegemite and peanut butter keep us alive. I still have a lot of Vegemite left over from our last purchase... I can sent you some! lol
    XXOO Kat
    PS April, Congratulations on your 5 heart, Top Pick review from Night Owl Romance for "Sexy Games."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad we met in person at Romanticon! And many congrats on your review!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Amber, we'll have to get big tour bus for those of us who can't afford to fly, and meet in a central location! Maybe they'll loan us the EC tour bus! Whaddya think? Huh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. We all should go next year...except I can't! It's the same weekend as my HS reunion and I've already made plans to head to NY for that. But, I plan to go to RT!
    Thanks for the comments. And, Kat...you can have all the Vegemite there is (shudder). I definitely LOVED the Tim Tams!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.