Visitors

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Eight to Date


That's the number of contracts I've signed since December '08. Am I bragging - NO. What I'm doing is telling everyone out there that if you want to be a writer and you work hard it's possible. When I signed my first contract I had two others out to editor's. My goal at that point was to have both contracted. By January's end that happened. I set a new goal - eight contracted stories by the end of the year. At the time I thought it was totally unrealistic, but I like to dream big. I'm a writer after all.
In May I thought about upping that number, but I was slowing down a bit with writing and decided against it. As I just signed the eighth one on Monday I realize it's time to change my goal. I'm now reaching for ten by the years end. Not impossible. But, I don't want to set myself up to fail, this time. Not that I could call myself a failure at this point.
So if writing and publishing is your dream, grab a pen and paper, or open a word document on your computer and start writing. Write every day. Read all you can on the craft. Devour books in your genre, study publisher's guidelines and no matter what you do -don't give up. Is it easy? Not a chance. But it's worth it when you see your book up for sale on a publishers web site. Just remember, Perseverance wins!

9 comments:

  1. Amber - This is very inspiring! It is so important that we writers dream big, be our own biggest fan, and never give up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Amber!! Congratulations. I'm sure you can reach your goal. I'm inspired by your story. It's so wonderful to see someone's dreams come true.
    XXOO Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eight to date is pretty amazing. Give yourself a big pat on the back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amber! Well done! Congratulations on the fruition of your hard work. I cannot say I'm surprised because you have such drive in you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you ladies! Your kind words always brighten my day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the contracts! You are hot! Keep busy and invite us all over for margaritas. :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you must be proud of yourself. You should be. That's amazing! The year isn't even over yet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're a writing machine, Amber! Good for you! Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks again. Fran you and all my amazing writer friends are always welcome for margarita's. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.