Visitors

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

"The Darker Side of Tall, Dark and Handsome."

With the current preponderance of alluring Vampires, Shape Shifters and troubled mutants like Hugh Jackman’s character Wolverine, is there anybody out there who hasn’t gone over to the Dark side? If not what’s stopping you! A lot of hot action is taking place deep in the shadows on another plane of existence.

The undead have become a trend that just won’t die. Vampires are doing a lively business getting our blood pumping. The undead have wildly succeeded at rebranding their unsavory qualities and are now known as protective, chivalrous guardians of women.  Surprisingly this once manipulative and repulsive creature has become a symbol of dark, dominant sexuality and an ideal lover to the uninitiated. They represent a partner who knows how to take charge and gatekeepers to undreamed of erotic realms. This is a far cry from the skulking, decrepit, rat-like features of the 1922 “It” vampire "Count Orlok" Nosferatu. I wouldn’t donate blood to that man let alone consider him as a lover.

There are a lot of big-hearted animal lovers out there as evidenced by a slew of irresistible fantasy men with animal souls who shape shift between various states of being. Hugh Jackman’s super sexy character “Wolverine” instantly comes to mind. Actually Hugh Jackman comes to mind quite often just because he’s Hugh Jackman but I’m getting off message… I love warm-blooded animals. I love hot-blooded men. Why not combine the best of both worlds? Shape Shifters are like giant pets. A little love and understanding goes a long way. Shape Shifters are invariably territorial they want you as their life mate and only you. Except for the many two for one deals that involve the life long devotion of two deeply committed male Shape Shifters to the same woman. What a fantasy. You can’t beat that! On the whole Shape Shifters seem like a pretty good deal, they provide a taste of the wild and unconditional love. Though you would think the living arrangements might be challenging. Think damaged upholstery and lots and lots of hair in the sink…

What’s your opinion about lovers from the dark side?

XXOO Katalina Leon

PS. I want to Congratulate Fran Lee on her 4.5 hearts Top Pick review "For Out of Her Dreams" from Chris at Night Owl Romance. I also got 4.5 hearts from Elf for "Noblesword"-I'm so pleased! 

10 comments:

  1. Congrats to both of you on your great reviews! That's number one. When I think of shifters, I can't think of them as pets because that's kind of icky. I think the attraction is that they are 'other'. And in a way, it's very safe to project our own fantasies on something that's not real. In a sense, a shifter can become whatever we want. They are bigger, stronger, more protective, more alpha - and it's an acceptable venue for women to be with a man who is not all politically correct - he knows what he wants and he goes for it. Think of the movie Bedazzled. He tries to be a sensitive man and it doesn't work out so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said Julia! I was just joking about the Pet comment. I do notice that canines and felines (bad pun) "Dominate" the shifter scene. Women love their dogs and cats. I don't see "Fish Shifters" getting a fin hold in the romantic market but I could be wrong.
    XXOO Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the reviews, ladies! I am a long standing fan of the shifters and vampires - the darker, the better. Kat, we must be on the same wave length because my blog for tomorrow (which was written weeks ago!) is about my 'vampire problem'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adding my congrats on the reviews, too! I've been reading more about shapeshifters lately and thinking about entering that realm of writing. I still don't know about vampires, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blog, girl! And thanks for the kudos! You are sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey...I think I did mention a chipmunk shifter...or a muskrat shifter. Or a chihuahua shifter. Nope. Just not the same impact. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice blog Kat. There's nothing wrong with polyandry - the women of the Himalayas have been engaging in it for centuries with great success. Their men wear heavy animal skins for warmth so perhaps you could get some advice re 'hairs in the sink' etc.
    You're right, all shape shifters seem to be feline; it's the majesty of movement that enthralls methinks. Personally, if I were to have many shape shifter lovers, I'd like them to be rubber plants - standing tall and erect in a corner, ready and waiting for my call! Let's face it, furniture don't come cheap these days, and unblocking drains is definitely not my forte!
    Congrats on the great review and to Fran too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Pamela you may have broken new ground (potting soil?) with the Rubber Plant shifter. You are original and who knows maybe the idea will take "Root" and you can Branch out into other areas of erotic botany.
    XXOO Kat

    ReplyDelete
  9. You could be right. I have to admit the thought occurred some time ago. I wrote a description of my hero. Unfortunately he appears to have fallen from the Ugli tree and hit every branch on the way down! But hey, that boterot for you. He may well appeal to someone out there. lol
    I'm not at all averse to a Hugh Jackman planted in my living room. I quite like the image of him rooted firmly... flailing arms akimbo trying to grab me every time I pass by...yes I could live with that. ^o^

    ReplyDelete
  10. A1-Canadian fictional character and superhero Wolverine eh? Mmmmm...That Aussi man Hugh.. sure does send a body good if one is on the darker side of things! lol Oopps! I couldn't stay on track after mentioning 'HIS" name myself... ;)
    Good going on the review there lady!! Keep it up! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.